Saturday, March 19, 2005

Mr. Rabbit

Mr. Rabbit is finished!

Here’s Mr. Rabbit before a bath



right after the bath



and accessorized.



As some of you may notice I did not use the left-over yarn from my mitten project after all. The yarn breaks very easily and the mere thought of using the yarn in this project was just putting me off. So I chose Sandnes Fritidsgarn instead. I’m glad I did because I would have broken the other yarn many many times when making the i-cords.

I used the yarn for stuffing as well. The rabbit was felted in 60 C degrees as I knew from experience that the white colour of this yarn doesn’t felt well. The result was a very sturdy rabbit. He’s also a bit chubbier than his colleague. I suspect that he ate too many Easter eggs while I turned my back away. He says that I just cast on too many stitches while not paying attention to the pattern. Oh, well. Little chubbyness doesn’t hurt a rabbit, does it?

P.S. When I looked out of the window the morning after the rabbit was born I saw these:



I think it was Mr. Rabbit.

2 comments:

Susanna said...

:D first I thought I´m going crazy, I was sure I´ve seen these photos somewhere today... (just finished surfing trough finnish blogs) :D

Minna said...

You can't get away! Mr. Rabbit is e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e... ;-)