Wednesday, March 16, 2005

right down to the tails



if i have the magical putting up picture ability, here are the slippers. the long winded story....the short story is this is a pattern from Debbie Bliss Nursery Knits, done in handspun & US #3 needles, sized for 3-6 month old . now i am hoping to take the idea and make a larger version for my 1+ year old grandson. i am wanting to add some grippy something or other on the bottoms for him, so far suggestions include puffy paint & flexible fabric glue such as Aleene's tacky glue. i had imagined some iron on bits. any other suggestions?

2 comments:

Theresa said...

How adorable they are! :o)

Katy said...

Wow, these bring back memories...I made some about 8 years ago for a friend's baby shower. I found the pattern to be a bit "fiddly", but the end product is darn cute.
I don't know what to use to make the bottoms nonstick. I think some folks on the knitlist have mentioned using some kind of paint-on product that is used on the bottom of rugs. Sorry--not much help, I know!